The virus that wouldn't leave.
Visit these sites to find activities near you on World AIDS Day.
- Blood: contaminated blood products
- Body Fluids: vaginal secretions and semen
- Breast milk: breast milk of an HIV infected mother is another way to transmit the virus to infants
- Birthing: an HIV infected mother can transmit the virus to her baby at any time during the birthing process, especially if she is not taking medications to prevent the baby from acquiring the virus
- 'Banging': sex of any kind, especially unprotected sex will place you at risk for acquiring HIV
GET IN THE KNOW with Dr. Jeri Dyson: The virus that wouldn't leave.