Blogs, networking sites, and other examples of the social web provide businesses with a largely untapped marketing channel for products and services. But how do you take advantage of them? With The New Community Rules, you'll understand how social web technologies work, and learn the most practical and effective ways to reach people who frequent these sites.
Written by an expert in social media and viral marketing, this book cuts through the hype and jargon to give you intelligent advice and strategies for positioning your business on the social web, with case studies that show how other companies have used this approach.
The New Community Rules will help you:
* Explore blogging and microblogging, and find out how to use applications such as Twitter to create brand awareness
* Learn the art of conversation marketing, and how social media thrives on honesty and transparency
* Manage and enhance your online reputation through the social web
* Tap into the increasingly influential video and podcasting market
* Discover which tactics work -- and which don't -- by learning about what other marketers have tried
Many consumers today use the Web as a voice. The New Community Rules demonstrates how you can join the conversation, contribute to the community, and bring people to your product or service.
Read interviews and more about The New Community Rules
- The author, Tamar Weinberg, introduces The New Community Rules on her blog.
- Dan Schawbel interviews the author about social media marketing and brand awareness.
- Paul Terry Walhus of spring.net interviews Tamar Weinberg about blogging and social networking in a 45 minute video.
- At the 2009 South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, Derek Overbey chats with Tamar about her book and Twitter.
- Dave McClure, entrepreneur and social media expert extraordinaire, shares the foreword to the book.
- Expert Internet marketer Lee Odden reviews The New Community Rules.
- The Microsoft Advertiisng Blog interviews Tamar on social media marketing and the future of this phenomenon.
- Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project has a happiness chat with the author.
- Jason Falls of Social Media Explorer writes an in-depth review of the book.
- Jonathan Fields interviews Tamar Weinberg and a special guest about the book and social media.
- Don Holloway reviews The New Community Rules.
- Mike Coulter introduces the book via video.
- Social media leader Chris Brogan calls The New Community Rules a must-have for marketing pros
- Kit O'Toole offers her thoughts about The New Community Rules.
- Ruud Hein discusses social media and more with Tamar.
- Anita Campbell talks about how The New Community Rules can help your small business.
- Samir Balwani offers his first impressions of the book.
- Your Online Go To Gal says The New Community Rules is a great social media read.
- Dallas J. Marks read The New Community Rules on his iPhone and shared the experience on his blog.
- Debbie Hemley calls the book an "enthusiast's dream."
- Helen Gallagher talks about the book.
- Research Impact talks about the book.
- WiserEarth calls The New Community Rules the book on social media.
- Daniel Scocco reviews the book and features the table of contents.
- The New Community Rules has joined the ranks of the best social media marketing books available, according to Deirdre Breakenridge.
- Deni Kasrel writes a great in-depth review of The New Community Rules.
- A New Digital Decade introduces the book to the blog's readers.
- Beth Kanter republishes the Wiser Earth review and adds her thoughts in a short snippet up top.
- Darren Rowse highlights the book on his very successful Problogger.net community.
- Ann Handley says that The New Community Rules is one of the few books she has on her nightstand.
- YouTube user Scott Meis (above) offers a great video review of the book.
- Lois Geller loves the book.
- Tamar talks about social media and the variety of websites out there on the September 25th edition of the Tony Walker Show, 1370 AM in Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area.
- NowSourcing recommends the book.
- Jon Hume takes a good look at The New Community Rules in a solid writeup.
- Practical eCommerce reviews the book, calling it "a comprehensive and example-rich introduction to marketing socially without upsetting community residents.
- Tamar talks about participation marketing with Jon Henshaw of Raven SEO Tools.
- Mihaela Lica calls The New Community Rules the best social media book of the year.
- iProgrammer reviews the book.
- Susan Payton features a videoblog of her review of the book (featured above).
- Sharon Gilor interviews Tamar about the book and translates the answers in Hebrew.
- Preston Ehrler talks about altruism on social media sites and one of his favorite books.
- Shari Weiss talks about 7 key gains of social media marketing as discussed in the book.
- Deni Kasrel recommends The New Community Rules to boost your social media marketing.
- Dave Chaffey says that the book is the best practical social media book out there. Yup, this is how you do it.
- Olivia is excited to read the book! Woohoo!
- The Social Media Guide has a great in-depth writeup of the book and the author.
- Neal Schaffer gives his 10 takeaways for The New Community Rules all for the taking.
- Social Rabbit features a two part review.
- Phil Rosenberg takes a look at the book.
The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web - by Tamar Weinberg
SEO + Publicity + Social Media = ?